View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 AM   #16
fatmike

I've used ******************************** recently too. They are close to my house & I had them do an oil change just to start a relationship with them. I will go back to them in the future. My initial impression is that they are honest, and clearly pationationate about Porsches. You can't ask too much more than that. But, they aren't at all like Powertech. ******************************** is 1 bay and very informal (Powertech is 6 bays & much more like a "business").

Good luck with the car. Make sure you go into the PPI with a list of things you want them to look at (the expensive stuff). You can get that list from Mike Focke's web site & other places on the web (rear main seal, coolant leaks, condition of tires/brakes, top condition, etc.). But, tell them its not about the cosmetic stuff (except to look for any hidden collision damage, etc.). Don't forget that some people buy Porsche's to collect, and a small scratch matters. Your buying a Porsche to DRIVE & you want to know its mechanically solid. Stress that in your PPI.

/