View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Maintaince hasnt been bad for me at all, If i cant do my own oil change, I atleast buy my own oil and have a cheap little shop do the flush and filter.

As for tires, I buy Nexen N3000 tires which are Z rated and also meet W and Y rating but for some reason only cost 60-70 bucks each tire.

So shop around and maintence shouldnt be that bad... Plus you get to push the oil changes to about 10,000 miles before the next change cause the boxster holds 9 quarts.

Plus as far as anything mechanical needing repair, theres alot of site sponsers that sell parts at better than dealer prices and used parts availible from forum members selling parts they dont need anymore.
Subarus take 4 qts of oil, and will run for 200,000 miles on dyno oil, the tires are MAYBE 215 cross section on an Impreza and even the softest tires, if driven sanely will last at least 2x as long as the rears on a Boxster. I can find a place where I live that only charges $50/hr to work on Subarus, !$50!. If you can get a Porsche mechanic for twice that, you're in good shape.

A Porsche is an extravagance, not a necessity, and as such, it's going to be considerably more expensive to own than a Subaru.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote