Thread: subwoofer help
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
boxster7614

I put a sealed box (original intended for the back seat of a jeep) with 2 10" jl audio's in the rear trunk. Hitting them with 300w RMS. All the car audio stores said I would never hear it.. They all wanted to build a custom shallow box between the 2 seats.....Jokes on them....It sounds great! better than I thought it ever would... now on the freeway doing 80 with the top down it doesn't hit as hard as I would like.....but come on what would? Around town and with the top up it is amazing. I did drill 7-8 1/4" holes in the rear wall of the trunk that come out just behind the convertible top to let some more sound through but I don't really think it was nessesary. That bass punches right through.

It takes up almost my entire rear trunk but, I am a must have bass kind of guy, so the sacrifice is worth it to me........beter than filling up the footwell so people cant stretch there legs out and are cramped. plus everthing is hidden and passers by don't want to jack my stuff.

I put in clarion seperates in the front doors and dash, rear speaker kit....all the Amps and cross-overs and a great big capaciter so the headlights don't dim when the bass hits, is mounted in the front trunk......The way I have them mounted they really don't take up much room so i still have use of the trunk.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote