View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
QporscheQ

The OEM rear speaker kit is about $200. Seems like everyone that has done it thinks it’s a big time improvement. I reinstalled the storage bin complete with newly installed speakers this afternoon, but I haven’t run the cables to the head unit yet. I’m still waiting on some stuff to hook up my iPod. When that comes, I’m going to do it all at one time. However, you mentioned you didn’t want a do it yourself thing. This is a relatively easy installation; however it does involve removing a bunch of the interior trim pieces as well as taking a Dremel to your storage bin.

Basically, anybody who is into car audio will be seriously disappointed by any of the OEM audio packages. However, $1800 seems like a crazy high amount of money. You had better be getting an awesome system for that money. Also, depending on what you purchased the car to do, good stereos can be very very heavy. It always makes me laugh to see guys with zillion watt stereos, 15 subs, and fold down TVs point out the turbo charger kit they just installed.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=pna986kit&Category_Code=POTEBXCM