View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Since i dont have a camera on me ill explain what you need to do.

Parts & Supplies
-8mm socket
-10mm socket
-Ratchet + extension
-Pliers
-Plastic disposible cup
-60 second quick drying Epoxy

Instructions

1) Place top in service mode and remove engine cover.

2) Uplug & Remove MAF

3) Remove hose clamps that hold intake tube to airbox and throttle body.

4) Remove 10mm bolt that holds intake muffler to engine lift bracket.

5) Now, the tricky part... Removing the Intake tube, It wont just lift outta there, the muffler is so bulky that it'll prevent it from coming out UNLESS you pinch the clamp that holds the muffler to the intake tube while you pull the intake tube out.... This will cause the muffler to slip off the intake tube thus alowing the intake to come out of the engine bay, then you can remove the muffler from the engine bay.

6) Now clean the inner and outter surfaces of the neck of the intake where teh muffler attached.

7) Get a plastic disposible Dixie or similar cup and chop about 2/3rd's of its hieght away.

8) Now start mixing your epoxy inside the shortened cup for about 15 seconds with a stick or similar device

9) Now plunge the intake tube's muffler neck into the cup of epoxy and let it set for about 3 muntes or until cured then let it sit for 15 more minutes before reinstalling the intake tube.

10) Now reinstall everything (minus the intake muffler) in reverse order

Alittle FYI, this was done to a 1997 boxster and some newer boxsters (E-gas versions) may not be able to do this mod cause of a redesign in the intake tube. In newer boxsters the intake muffler is integrated into the intake tube and isnt removable.

DISCLAIMER This forum nor I are responsible for any malfuntions, mechanical failures and deaths which may occur by doing this mod. Mod/Hack at your own risk.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg

Last edited by CJ_Boxster; 02-25-2008 at 12:31 PM.
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote