View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
I lived in Atlanta for 15 years, and did not drive in snow once. It may snow once a year, but it usually doesn't stick enough to even have to clear the roads. And even if they do salt, 99% of businesses close down anyway. And again, this is MAYBE once a year.

And to anyone being a snob about driving Boxsters in the snow -- has it ever occured to any of you that some of us drive this car because it's a fun way to get to work with a smile on your face, not because we want a sparkling show queen with 52 miles on the odometer sitting in our garages. Furthermore, there are people out there who would use their Boxster as their daily driver to keep the miles off of something far nicer! So let's cut the elitist adittude; you don't know everyone's situation.

As for myself, I drive my Boxster because I am practical. Why have an old Honda to drive back and forth to work in 90% of the time? I'd much rather do that in my Boxster -- rain, sleet, and snow -- and when I use the car up (which won't be for a long time the way this thing runs!), I'll trade it in for something else fun.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote