View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Lil bastard

Heck, order them direct from the shop - www.havacigar.com , they're very inexpensive, even delivered.

They offer 4 blends - Dominican, Corojo, Conn. Broadleaf and Ecuador Conn. And offer these in Double Corona - 7⅝ X 49, Churchill - 7 X 47, Torpedo - 6⅛ X 52, Robusto - 5 X 52 and Petite - 5¼ X 36 sizes. They also offer four flavored cigars which are somewhat popular right now with younger smokers.

I usually order the Petites because they use the same blend as the others, but are smaller. They are 5¼ X 36. As I'm sure you know, 36 is the ring size which is 1/64", so they're slightly more than .5" in diameter and 5¼" long (somewhere between a Corona and a Panatela). In today's smoking averse society, they're just more convenient, smoke a little faster, and less wasteful (convenient if you're stepping outside for a smoke), but you can still sit and enjoy one for 45 min. if you want.

I most prefer their Dominican blend which is very flavorful, yet mild, and next, their Ecuador, darker, a little stronger, probably rated medium. These come in bundles of 25 for $45. I usually order 1 bundle of each at a time - $90 and $9 S/H (UPS Ground). $99 for 50 custom blended, hand rolled, cigars delivered - that's $1.98 apiece - unbelievable. You can order a single bundle, but the S/H is still $9 making them $2.16 apiece - still remakably inexpensive.

The larger sizes are sold either by the Bundle (25) or by the Box (25) and go for $115 and $125 respectively. Add $9 S/H, and that's still just $4.96 or $5.36 apiece because you're paying $10 for the Box. The bundles come very well wrapped and protected in bubble wrap in a shipping carton. Since I maintain a Humidor, I forego the box. UPS delivery takes usually 4 days.

That's considered very inexpensive for cigars, but they are better in quality than many Montecristos, Macanudos, or Partagas Cigars I've bought at over $14 each.

In fact, when we were in Charleston, my wife and I were walking up Market Street through the Market, which as you know gets pretty crowded. I was smoking one of their Dominicans and we stopped to look into a shop window. As they passed, the wife of the couple behind us said "Shoot, I was really enjoying his cigar". I cracked up and asked her if she wanted one. She declined, but asked me where I got them. I told her, and 2 days later, we met them again in the shop. I think this demonstrates that these are no ordinary $2 & $5 cigars. BTW, for the record, I have no affiliation with them, or get any kickback at all. Just like to pass along a good thing when I find it. If you order them, report your impressions back here.

BTW, I used to live in Dwtn. Chicago, 505 N. Michigan Ave., and I remember that shop on Navy Pier. It was the best in town I found. I did like the tobacconist in Lake Forest a little more, but heck that was 25 miles away...
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 02-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote