View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Lil bastard

It's called Lianos Dos Palmas at 52½ Wentworth St., Charleston, SC.

Just around the corner from Jestine's Kitchen (Wentworth and Meeting Sts.), serving the best traditional, yet casual, Low Country food on the peninsula - another Must Do if in Charleston.

The owner, Scott Lianos and his wife Mariana are wonderful people. We were in Charleston Thanksgiving week this past year, and they even invited us to the shop for dessert on Thanksgiving Day, a 4 hour affair with food, cognac and cigars, just the 4 of us.

You walk in and either they, or one of their employees, are sitting amid a forest of hanging tobacco (you can just see some through the window in the pic), pulling on a stogie and hand-rolling sticks. They'll even roll one for you while you wait.

Mariana is Dominican and her family raises and brokers Tobacco throughout the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua. So they get the freshest, top quality Cuban seed tobacco of any shop I know in the US. They had a couple write-ups in Cigar Aficianado and Wine Spectator.

If you are an expert, or just a casual smoker like me, you gotta know about this shop. They offer some of the best cigars for the money of any place I know in the US. See them at: www.havacigar.com and don't make a trip to Charleston without checking them out.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-06-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote