View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Gary in BR

I tried inserting LED bulbs into the Boxster and they did not work, since then someone on this forum has successfully put LEDs in his Boxster tails but he had to do some rewiring of the LEDs

I bought a set of LED taillights assemblies. These appear to be OEM but have built in LED lights in the running lights and the brake lights. The blinkers and reverse lights are stock bulbs.

These LED assemblies are very bright. They are much brighter than anything I have seen on the road. I wish there was a way to show everyone how bright these are.

From my research on LED lights for our cars there are 2 full assemblies made the one I have that looks OEM and another one that to me looks like the Carrera GT lights. Ebay has them both for sale. The other lights are not as bright as mine....how do I know? I have a set of them also.

So after this long post my opinion is if you want Bright LED lights and an OEM look get the LED assembly like mine. If you want LEDS as bright as stock and a different look. Get the other set.

After I tried the LED bulbs in the Boxster I tried them in my X5 I can tell you that they looked better at night than OEM bulbs. I do not know how thay looked during the daytime, but at night the LED bulbs look great.

I have rambled enough.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote