View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
victory3

Porsche vs. Insurance Co.

So up here in the great Pacific Northwest the sun is just starting to return to our side of the world. Slowly the days of rain, drizzle and just plain darn cold are starting to retreat. Looming upon the horizon are what Porsche Lovers call TRACK DAYS!!! However since I am a somewhat new owner of a boxster I missed last years track days. Yes I had the car during the appropriate season but, was still new to it and still just getting use to it, its sounds, its smells, its handling, and its little quirks that comes with every car which gives it its own personality.

So the question is: If I go out on the track, and we do have a few decent ones out here near Seattle and Portland, and (may both the speed & Porsche gods forbid it.) something goes wrong and the Boxster has a little accident. What if one of those "OOPs!" moments take place on said track day? How will my insurance Co. feel about this? I don't think that my insurance company would be very willing to cover any possible damages to the car because it was intentionally tracked. Has anybody had any type of experience with this combination? Track Day Mishap Vs. Insurance Co.

How I Imagine the Conversation Going: Um yeah Hi, I'd like to file a claim. I tore my bumper apart because I hit a tight curve at 120mph too fast and spun out, will you guys cover that? No....I'm What? $crewed?

-Victory3
01 Box S in Arctic Silver.
victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote