View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Cloudsurfer

I agree on the name, but like most cities, they're the only show in town, and the guy from my insurance company wanted it done at the dealer (still not sure why on that, if anything, that just costs them more money).

Anyway, with regard to the electrical things, I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get a bored moment, but, let me explain that a) they did not replace the regulator, as I wouldn't let them without showing me documentation of testing to determine that it is, indeed, the culprit (correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way you could determine if the regulator was bad without taking the door apart- and also, since the window works properly from the outside door handle, when the door is open, just not from the interior handle- leads me to suspect the interior switch) and, b) they did not disconnect the battery, as the head unit would have been in suspend mode and require a DVD to re-set itself. It took deliberate action to go "menu," "source select," "FM," and then tune a station is. There was no reason whatsoever for them to be playing with the audio hardware (its all in the front trunk, basically where the spare tire would be, i.e. nowhere near anything mechanical like suspension bits), and for Christ sake, if you absolutely have to go unplugging things, either make sure you label things so you can put it back together properly, or CALL ME and ASK!

Think I'm going to have a nice long talk with management tomorrow....

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote