View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
blueillusion97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Good job!

I also did a DIY exactly as you have done, with some minor exceptions. I carefully drilled a countersunk hole in the Seat Heater blanking plug for the push button switch and drilled a small hole in the same blanking plug for the LED which I epoxied to the backside so only the lens (flush with the top of the blanking plug) is visible. I also got a spare blanking plug if I ever want to switch it back, I think I paid $2 for the spare plug. Because I have the non-smoking option w/ Oddments Tray, I couldn't use the Ashtray as you did.

Instead of removing the circuit board from the standard garage door opener, I drilled a hole through that case for the wiring and made my solders to the board in-situ. Then I mounted the entire door opener w/ double-stick velcro to the inside of the console. I kept the 9-volt battery power rather than try and build a converter and tap into the car's electrical harness as a power source.

When I need the change the battery, all I need do is remove the Oddments Tray, pull the opener, swap the battery and replace it. In 4 yrs., the original battery is still good.
I was considering somethig similar just with OEM Targa roof switch insded of making a switch but after finding out that rey run for around $40 i just didnt think it was worth the money. But if i wouldnt have smokers option i would have most likely went your way as well
blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote