Thread: Tool Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputter
To stay on topic, does anyone have a picture of a tool kit? I seem to have an empty slot on in the rollup but I can't figure out if anything is missing. Socket/wrench screwdriver etc are all there.
Only thing that comes to mind is the Pilot Pin. This is a threaded aluminum pin which you thread into the hub when you mount a Tire. Since the Boxster has Wheel Bolts, as opposed to Lug Nuts, this pin allows you to hang the tire on the hub until you get the other 4 Wheel bolts threaded into place. Then you unscrew the Pilot Pin and screw in the final Wheel bolt.

This piece is easily lost and probably the most often misplaced. Replacements are sold.

Also, the euro tool kits have a folding Warning triangle for safety. I believe North Am. cars lack this leaving one slot open, but I'm not sure.

Do you have the plastic gloves? They are to prevent you from soiling your hands when changing a tire. These are the disposable type and are often not replaced once used.

Maybe if you list what you do have, by process of elimination, we can identify the missing one, if any.

Last edited by Lil bastard; 02-10-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote