View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #64
pk2

This just in…

EGT sensors in and working. Whoopee. Been real busy, small hurdle. Put 2 in, one for each bank. Turns out they fit neatly right behind cylinders 1 & 4 (and after all the other pipes have dumped in of course). Convenient because, in at least supercharged applications, # 1 cylinder gets the hottest.

It works fine with gauge I got with it but I got an EGT sensor amplifier that puts out a standard 0-5v signal that can be plugged into any box with data /reading/logging (a standard type “K” EGT sensor puts out mere millivolts). Contemplated remapping signal and outputting the signal to drive my still congealing WI (H2O/meth) setup.

It seems Ideal, more heat, more WI. But the signal seems a little sluggish registering (on the gauge anyway). Wideband O2’s also all put together, have yet to install it because I’m not clear on how to feed it back into the ECU to emulate the narrow band it replaces.

Also picked a far more versatile AIC which realistically will map & run my WI in addition #7 injector & timing. It’s a complete blank slate though, trying to figure out some pretty arcane setup values.

Anyway, wire O2 wideband in, program AIC and make it go with existing setup and WI…then in goes smaller pulley on SC & retune. Probably need a larger 7th injector but this things weird, somehow it’s modded with thread at both ends.
Regards,

PK