View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #24
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V
There's basically no camber gain on a Boxster anyway - price we pay for having struts. Best solution for a track-only car is to go super stiff and add lots of camber. On any car with struts, ESPECIALLY lowered cars with a large roll couple and stock ball joint locations, it's especially true. Any body roll you get will cancel out any slight camber gain the suspension gives you.

CJ, you may have slightly wider front tires (225's I'm guessing) but unless you put some wider wheels AND tires up there you're not going to see much benefit - not enough to cancel out the stiffness of the GT3 bar.

Your car has barely more negative camber than my stock-height Boxster S maxed out (-.8 versus -.6 for my car). If I were going to run the GT3 bar at the track I would want at least a degree and a half of negative camber up front, 245-width tires on 8.5" wide wheels (minimum). On the street... I just don't think it's a great idea to run the GT3 bar by itself. But to each his own, you are correct that you can always sell it.
Yes i do have the 225/45's infront.
Makes sense what you are saying in regards to camber and i understand that currently i do not have that much negative camber at -0.9 and -0.8 HOWEVER if needed it (which you've told me, which i believe) can get it cause i have ALOT of adjustment for camber to get the proper negative camber needed for a track day. Yeah I will look into other tire and wheel options that you and InSite have mentioned. How wide are the front and rear wheels on a stock 17inch boxster like the ones i have pictured in my sig?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote