View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I just finished installing my new struts and a set of eibach springs...

Even with the Eibach springs the ride is a hell of alot better than my stock setup which had 122k miles on it. Now my wheels "walk" over bumps in the road rather than skip off the bumps... I can feel the stiffness of the Eibachs over larger bumps and when i turn the car is noticably flatter (less body roll) than when compaired to the old stock suspension.

However, I'd like there to be less body roll. I have a MY97 Boxster non-S. What options are there as far as Sway-Bars? Incase you ask, I'd like to track the car eventually, so i wouldnt mind a really stiff sway bar. Maybe Insite could help since i know he basically lives on an autocross track.

Thanks in advance!
I did some research before I went with the ROW M030 suspension. Somewhere I read that stiffer sway bars are a tradeoff. Up to a point, greater stiffness helps for flatter cornering. However, eventually you get to some point where they turn independent suspensions into the equivalent of rigid axles, essentially defeating the whole purpose of all the suspension engineering. The Boxster suspension seems to be a tradeoff between decent ride and handling (since Porsche is selling to a wide audience, and most people don't track their cars). You might want to ask on the Boxster racing board to see what some of the suspension experts there have to say - http://boxcar-racing.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote