View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #17
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I think you may need to crawl back under your car. There are indeed 2 O2 sensors on the down pipes because they have the 2nd set of cats on them. The early 97-99 only have one set of cats.

It's really funny that you should mention that - the O2 sensors in the mid-pipes, down pipes, whatever you want to call them. I had looked up the drawing for the exhaust from the Porsche parts list and noted that it shows four O2 sensors per side, eight total. I even made some comments about that in my post yesterday, but decided to take them out before posting. So when I got under my car last night to look things over I very specifically looked for the two O2 sensors on each down pipe. I don't have them... count me lucky maybe. This is on a 2000 Boxster S. Attached is the diagram from the Porsche parts list. The down pipe O2 sensors are #25 in this diagram.

I wonder what's going on here... I even ran my hand over the down pipes in case I couldn't see the O2 sensors. No wires, no bungs, nothing... I wonder if that's not something they added in a later model year.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote