View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Perfectlap

Satellite radio (plug and Play)

Here's a pic of my Sirius AudioVox PNP3. Its the model that most matched my Boxsters lighting and interior trim colors. Looks almost stock.
I ordered a Becker Auxiliary Jack for $20 and connected the line out plug directly to the back of the CDR220 Porsche head unit. The Satellite antenna is in the right corner of the dashboard.

I had the Sirius unit hardwired so I could save the cigarette lighter for the Valentine One Radar detector. I may have to reverse who gets the cigarette lighter because I'm getting alterator whine. I also added the PNP rear speakers not knowing that OEM speakers had been back there all along. The two previous owners hadn't connected the speakers and only put 10,000 miles on the car. I take the Sirius with me to work and have a connector for my PC that looks just like one in the car.

So Far I'm really digging the Satellite radio. No more bloody 10 minutes of commercials and the playlists on Sirius seem to be pretty good so far. Once in a while I'll unplug the line out and connect my mini Ipod.

here's how it looks when I lock up the car before work. The V1 fits in the cubby hole and I can keep it plugged in. Just need to remember to turn it off.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-14-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote