View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
8 Ball

fire under seat

As it turns out this is the way to remove an electric seat without the power. The fuse will burn out before the motor so replace the fuse and move the seat slightly until that fuse burns out again and again and hopefully you can move the seat enough to remove it. In my case we never really found out what caught on fire but I believe something electrical got hot and it burned some of the foam insulation and that is what made all the smoke. There was a small burn in the electrical panel that is under the drivers seat, to replace that one panel was $900 for the part alone. After that was replaced the seat still does not work right because the motors have damage. I should have replaced it with a used manual seat.

Other than that, and I have talked to a lot of people, that is the only way to remove the seat without power (but we really used the power). The suggestion the dealer had was to remove the leather of the seat and work your way down until you can move the gears by hand. I still can't believe Porsche doesn't have a spot under the seat to turn with a wrench or something to move the seat so it can be removed in the case of a power failure.

8 Ball
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote