View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #52
pinzgo

Send a message via MSN to pinzgo
Hi Gary and guys, I had to work on myself to go ahead with putting intercooler in trunk. I am just going to do it. First, I had to remove soft top to clear the space on top of engine cover. Pipe will join the one coming out from supercharger, pass thru the cover and carpet with an elbow that will run straight thru the wall (Yes, over the engine cover) get into intercooler and come back the same way to catch the trottle body.It is about 3 more feet of (insulated with fire resistant) pipe. Intercooler is a two parts one that I plug together. Pipe is all 2.5 inches diameter. With actual supercharger intake tubing, there is no way to pass under the cover. It also means that soft top will not fit any more. I will add hump when I will remove hard top. If it rains away from my hard top, we will bring shampoo and sure get anough water to take a shower. But running with hard top is another feeling I like better than lowered top. It is like running a torpedo. NOS will be sprayed outside intercooler only. The mechanic that has the right !!! to touch my car was member of ROLEX porsche racing team. He is my advisor. He recommends not to inject nitro into that type of highly engineered engine. Water methanol is more adequate to lower temperature, higher boost and save engine. That way, the trunk wall has a good access away from ECU and car tubing and wires. NOS and W/methanol will all be in trunk. Do not ask why I do so much on a boxster. I love the car, the shape, it's personnality and so on. It is my toy. Upgrading to 911 or so on does not tell me anything. If we look a boxster coming on the road, It looks like a smile !!!

Good night everybody, take care
Jacques
pinzgo is offline   Reply With Quote