Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #31
wild1poet2

over 50 % of the vehicles on the road are pick ups, mini vans and SUV's. And some of the folks drivin them are better drivers than the folks drivin sport cars.... and of course vice versa

I also ride a motorcycle and in general pick up drivers as a whole are better drivers. Volvo drivers in the upscale burbs the worse. There are two types of SUV drivers. The timid type who bought it for security and traction in snow. They go too slow and eben slower in the snow and can't park the thing. The second type is the road warrior who bought it for it's rugged aggressive image and drives it that way. The BMW's, Volvos, Saabs, Audi's and for some reason Maxima's got their fair share of idiots drivin them. If I had to generalize, it's a lack of respect and sense of entitlement. Of course, they say the same thing about us when we go by in a pack of harleys. LOL

when I drive my porsche, i notice that folks try harder to just pass me. I don't know if it's subconscious but there must be an unseen tally sheet around and you get points for passing a porsche.