View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Kirk

Lower Stress Bar Group Buy

LOWER STRESS BAR GROUP BUY

Details on the lower stress bar can be found here:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10817

This is a group buy for the following:

1) One main, adjustable lower stress bar made out of 3/4" steel tube that is yellow zinc chromate plated with heavy duty heim joints on each end. These heim joints are rated for over 9,000 lbs in static load. Included are installation instructions with photos and all necessary installation hardware. The main bar is adjustable to fit the 986 and 987 Boxster and probably also the Cayman, although I have not had the chance to test fit one on this car. Price is $65 plus $10 fixed shipping cost (continental U.S. only) for the main lower stress bar.

2) The complete kit (pictured below) includes the main lower stress bar, as described above, and also the two side lower stress bars. The side lower stress bars are made out of aluminum tubing and aluminum, heavy duty heim joints. These heim joints are rated for almost 8,000 lbs in static load. Included are installation instructions and all necessary hardware, including special conical spacers to make these large bars fit. Price is $160 total (for all three bars) plus $10 fixed shipping cost (continental U.S. only).

Note - There is a small tab on the end of the aluminum braces on each side of the car where the side bars mount in the forward position. This tab in the brace about 3/4" long X 1/8" thick needs to be removed (dremel works in seconds) to fit the heim joints of the side bars. Not a big deal at all, but something I thought I should note. More details with photos are in the instructions.

3) Pricing for side bars (a pair) only with mounting hardware (for those who already have a main bar) is $95 plus $10 shipping. The mounting hardware has longer bolts that should fit a Mantis bar with rod ends. I can't confirm whether or not the longer bolts will be long enough to fit a home-made solid bar. However, you can get the right length of bolts at almost any hardware store for under $2.

PayPal me (I accept credit cards) at kbristol@lycos.com. I will also accept personal checks, money orders, etc. PM or e-mail me for my mailing address. I need to get at least 15 orders for the main bar to get this pricing from the manufacturer.

The lead time for this group buy is about four to six weeks, so I plan to be ready to ship to folks by the end of February. The hold up is that the main bar is custom made for me and after being made needs to be shipped back out for plating. The main bar heim joints are also a special order item. I’m having a larger quantity of these main bars made up for this group buy so that I can get the low pricing quoted above.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you have any questions.

Kirk Bristol

Last edited by Kirk; 01-12-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added price for side bars only. Added note on tab removal.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote