View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #7
RandallNeighbour

My mechanic tells me that the new 2.5L engines Porsche supplies now (from 99 on) had crank shaft changes (now they're not out of round which caused the RMS failures). I am not sure if they corrected the porosity issues. Mine only has 15k on it and appears to be running very well.

BTW - When my mechanic put the PST2 tool on my Boxster last night before he replaced the O2 sensor, the MAF sensor appeared to be underperforming and he said "you'll need a MAF sensor before long." After he replaced the failing O2 sensor (post cat, 4-6 cylinder position) the MAF began to work flawlessly. Apparently, one affects the other in a performance way and it's hard to pinpoint which is going out with high clarity.

All I know is that the engine idles steady now, runs far more quiet on the freeway at 70 mph and it feels like far more than an O2 sensor was replaced. Combine this with the new clutch, transmission and brakes and I'm on cloud nine. I feel like this last 2500 bucks really put the car in top operating condition. Wish it was warn and dry enough to drive it again tonight!

I bet I'll see better fuel economy and a boost in power now. If it's dry Saturday morning I'll drive out beyond the horrid Houston traffic and open it up and report back here to you all.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 02-09-2005 at 03:01 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote