Thread: 1998 boxster S?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #16
Tool Pants

You guys are picky.

The headlights, condensation, and curb rash are typical. Also has worn radio buttons, but that is typical, as are the rusty wheel bolts. The S logo on the trunk means nothing. I have seen every type of logo you can think of, put on by owners. Maybe that S logo confused the dealer.

The clamshell does looked tweaked, but it could be the pictures. If it is tweaked then that is typical for a 1997-1999 with a top problem, and just about all 1997-1999 had top problems.

Someone already pointed out that the 2.5 shift knob has been replaced with the silver 2.7 version. I see that some of the interior plastic trim has been painted silver. These are typical changes an owner does.

The gap in the front trunk lid looks to me it is because the lid is not closed all the way.

It has traction control.

I see a 10 year old car with 77,000 miles for $13,500. Typical.

From one of the links looks like seller is a used car place with many different brands of vehicles for sale. I doubt if any salesperson there knows anything other than what is on the inventory sticker. This is not a Porsche dealership.

I have been Boxstering for almost 9 years and have spent a lot of time at my local Porsche dealership. I look at the used cars on the lot once in a while. In California certain stickers have to be put on the door window when a used car is offered for sale. I see mistakes on the stickers, for cars at my Porsche dealership, and they only sell Porsches. Why, because they use an outside company to print the stickers.

Bruce Lee should be able to tell you more about California requirements.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote