View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #13
ahmed18881

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
Ahmed18881,

Be careful of the seductive powers of the Boxster. You don't have to marry the first girl you meet. I'm seeing some red flags / contradictions you need to think about.

What did your mechanic think of this Box? Other than the RMS issue, was he happy with it?

You also mentioned in your original post you were concerned about buying a Boxster because of the RMS and IMS issues that are discussed frequently on the forum. Now you're willing to buy one with this as a know "problem" and not have it fixed. I agree with Timothy's post, if the dealer is going to actually fix it (not clean it) as part of the purchase price, then I would take them up on it. Then you shouldn't have worry about RMS issues in the future.

Also, there's the horse power issue you mention. If you feel it's a little short on HP, maybe a newer model would take care of this. If you think it's short by quite a lot, then the Boxster is probably not the car for you. You'll find lots of thread here about guys wanting to tweak more HP out their engines. There are ways to do it but all of them get expensive. Might as well spend that money on a newer model with more HP already baked in, especially since you haven't purchased anything yet.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy this car, but you need to be sure it is the right one. Don't know how many Boxsters are in your neck of the woods, so maybe there aren't a lot to choose from. Just be sure you're happy with what you purchase and it meets your requirements.

Best of luck.
well its probably my fault i didn't express my self correctly, i meant by clean it up ie fix it and if they refused to fix it i want to remove the price of fixing it from their price and do the work in an independent shop. i will not drive the car if it had this problem its just too scary for me. i was talking to mechanic and he told me that when i know that i have fixed the rms leak i will be sure 99% it wont come back but if i buy a car with no leak it might leak... actually it is not dripping on the floor but there is oil stains from the engine/tranny(where the 2 things meet up) and it seems to be old because there is alot of dirt in the oil stains. the cars shifts are very crisp and there is no "weird" changes in drive mode. well i really don't drag race, but i like to have a peppy car and it satisfied me esp in manual mode.

there car is immaculate in/out just a couple of dings in the rear fender drives side and a scratch on the drives door.

i have looked at other boxsters and there is a 2000 model i want to see in a week, but tell u the truth i fell in love with this one...

i am a very hesitant purchaser and make the life of the sales people horrible not to mention my gf/parents/friends... i really don't want to go head over heel,

thanx for all
ahmed18881 is offline   Reply With Quote