View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
ahmed18881

thankyou

thanks very much for your post, well i didn't give up on the forum yet :P its the best boxster resource i have found on the net yet... but i am really having cold feet from the RMS / IMS or IRS forgot what it is but its that thing that blows the engine apart... heres my original post

Greetings from Beirut lebanon,

i would like to thank all the guys/gals on this forum for really assisting me on this forum to find a perfect boxster, after reading on the RMS,ignition key, water pump and other problems i had a better idea of what to look for and what to ask... i looked over at many US-specd boxsters and a couple of euro imports and one at the dealer. my decision went to the one i saw at the dealership and waiting to see if my financials are ok or not. (here a 1997 boxster costs 27,000 usd)

the car is a 1997 arctic silver with black interior and hardtop. the car is fully serviced at the dealership and has 57,000 Kms and had a major service at 56,000 kms 4 new control arms and water pump,air filter,plugs, oil ...etc the previous owner is 55 years old and this was his sunday car...

there are some issues which are bugging me and no one really helped me

1- when i fired the car up there was a slight ticking sound that eventually went when the car warmed up plus it was dripping a bit of water from the exhaust, i let my friend rev the car while i stood in the back it spat an amount water with black dust... tried it a couple of times again nothing went out , the dealer said that this is because it hasn't been driven for over 1 month....so what you think?? i checked if the water radiator cover had some mayonnaise like residue it didn't... even the sales man laughed at me when i asked because he claims this is a good thing...

2-the front lights are very yellow even which make the car look really old any solution for this or simply change them?

3-the plastic part in the car cover is very yellow too, and really looks it needs attention how can i make it clear again??

thanx all and i hope i could be a boxster owner... i am very excited!!!!
ahmed18881 is offline   Reply With Quote