View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
Perfectlap

I noticed there's a guy from LasVegas on the Renntech.org forum.
Not sure if he has a 986 or 996 but I'd drop him PM. I think his username was LVDell. Perhaps he can refer you somewhere for maintenace.

with regards to unexpected repairs given your limited options in the desert over there I would look into an extended service warranty. I also have a 2000 S and just ordered a contract with CWS for bumbper to bumper 6 years 60,000 miles. It covers everything but the usual maintenance (clutch,fluids,tires,paint,glass,softop fabric,brake rotors and pads). I paid $2100 in 30 installments. I read the contract last night and it seems worth it since the work can be done at the certified place of my choosing. I'm sure the parts and labor on two items such as softop motor, air conditioning can exceed $2000. And let's not even think about the engine. there are different levels you can insure just the engine or everything as I did. Also you can transfer the policy to the new owner if you do it within 30 days of title transfer. I'm sure you can use that as a bargaining chip to get back some of the policy cost.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote