View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #27
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
PK,

... You may want to talk to Richard at Clewett Engineering in LA. He specializes in engine mgmt. systems for Porsche racing teams....
Gary's car is posting some good numbers. 11k miles with a 270hp+/- turbo may be a new record for a 2.5 motor. It's an accomplishment to be proud of. Still a long long way to go to see 200hp/liter though. Now that would really defy conventional wisdom. One step at a time.
I’ll try to get a hold to Richard, see how talkative he is. ? Engine management is something I get in principle and a bit in practice but I’d like to know a lot more to give this little motor a fighting chance. I don’t suppose he haunts any of these forums?

Gary’s #’s are indeed enviable, especially in the light of the total mileage on the car. Shame nobody’s ponyed up with some aftermarket internals to accommodate the stuff we’re hanging of the outside. I’d like to hit a 150/liter mark and on paper it’s no big feat. But weather the motor can hold itself together long enough to become boring is another story. Wish I knew more about the pratfalls

One step at a time, true. I really need to get what have buttoned down and baselined before I mess with take another step.

Regards, PK