View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
bigrobby

vibration during deceleration /misfire at idle

01 Boxster 5 speed 21k miles

My friend asked me to check out a vibration/rumbling noise she had in her boxster while decelerating.....thats all the description i got.
i was frustrated when i first took it out because i didnt notice a thing, but then well into the drive i started feeling what she was talking about from around 3200 - 3000.

now i read a post that claimed a muffler adjustment would fix the problem and before i started messing with it i wanted to see if there were any other opinions on it.

and unrelated: the car very rarely has a misfire at idle, i can't really seem to pattern when it happens because it hasn't happened enough.......just wondering if theres a common problem.........no codes when checked.
thanks.

sidenotes:
the muffler theory is given some credibility by me because i only get the vibration when the car is warmed up, which makes sense with how much that metal expands

and the other things i could think of that cause that vibration would include clutch/flywheel imbalance or a cv joint on its way out.........and all of those would produce vibrations no matter how warmed up the car is.
bigrobby is offline   Reply With Quote