Thread: New record?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #9
QporscheQ

I had an interesting encounter with two MO Highway Patrolmen this afternoon. I just wanted to share it with you guys to remind us that most cops are not jerks.

I was out driving with a friend this afternoon and I pulled into a parking lot for a popular local park. It was a nice day today and the lot was packed as many people were out jogging and walking. I made my way to the back of the lot when I noticed two highway patrol cars sitting in the way back watching people go by. I immediately thought, "Shoot, my front license plate is in the front trunk! This is gonna cost me." Well having no choice I passed the cops and parked about 3 spaces down from them. With in 2 minutes of stopping the car, both troopers walked over. One came up and asked "Whose car is this?" in kind of that "cop voice." I said "Its mine." He replied with "Oh . . . well when you pulled in I noticed you didn’t have a front plate." I thought I was screwed. He then smiled and said. "You know what, I think if I had a Porsche, I wouldn’t put the front plate on either. Id just pay the ticket every once in a while and leave the plate off." I started laughing. His partner said something about agreeing. They just wanted to check the car out, and asked me a bunch of questions about the car in general. They were both nice guys, and just into cars. When they turned to walk away, the first cop said "yea, I really wouldn’t put that plate on, leave it in the trunk."

Anyway, just a funny story. Sorry to hear about the ticket.