View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Pilot2519j

Thumbs down Warranties are good for the providers

I checked the warranties and the prices they want are outrageous. If you do the math you will see that the disadvantages outweigh the risks. Ive driven my car 41,000 miles and the only thing that bothered me was the clutch going at 30,000 but since they had to the seals it became a $ 800 repair. In a porsche everything is expensive I like to save like the next guy but I equate the car to a land yacht. If you have to ask how much fuel it uses per hour don't buy it. Its expensive to buy, expensive to upkeep that's the nature of this beast. The only solution is not going to the dealer which sometimes is a risk. The dealer is expensive and you know, I hope they are not taking short cuts on both parts and labor the work is guaranteed. Go to Joe's Garage and who knows what they are using on your car. Another Porshe driver I know lives in Staten Island and he knew of someone that in order to save the outrageous cost of an oil change he brought to a local shop end result he blew the engine! I had experiences with tires and it turned disastrous. The dealer was closed that day I went and had the work done in STS and they completely screwed everything. Used the wrong weights, put them in the wrong place the drive of the car was horrible and told the dealer to take his tires and shove them. He then found the Michelin Pilots meant for the car brought the car to dealer and they redid the balancing and alignment for nothing. That was my lesson and it was well learned.