View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Dude, seriously are you joking??? What is out there that gives the same performance for less money? The Softronics, FVD, and GIAC are all about the same price and function. Don't even think about comparing JET Chips to these other brands. I wouldn't pay to even put JET in my crappy Honda! Sure it's cheap, but you get what you pay for. I seriously doubt the JET setup was dyno tuned specifically for the Boxster or that the development time in creating the ECU map changes comes close to what GIAC, etc. do. Any tuner can remap the ECU. Spending the time to really develop a good program through lots of testing, strong knowledge of the cars, and dyno runs is what really set these tuners apart.

I think the only lower cost option that's really comparable is maybe the Upsolue remap.
Actually I prefer UNICHIP, but they only make devices for the "s" type model. And they are about $200.00 cheaper. There ARE OTHER companies out there other than Jet that make chips and reprograming of the CPU for allot less and have very similar HP & TRQ rattings. Jet was just the first one I could think of. They do require you to over night the ECU so they can RE-MAP it for you and then overnight it back. They do have dyno test results. Superchips is another. I just think for $900.00 the power gains should be higher. Here is one I found for $700.00 and does the same thing as Softronics. http://www.bursethracing.com/products/sfID1/73/sfID2/265/sfID3/140

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 12-19-2007 at 02:39 PM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote