View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #16
RandallNeighbour

Perfectlap:

Your original post in this thread showed some enthusiasm for how the V1 detected a Dunkin Donuts and displayed all the arrows as you passed by. While cops do like donuts and might be there watching for speeders, why are you so excited that on it's maiden voyage the first thing it did was give a false signal?

This is precisely why I have not bought a new radar detector since owning a Porsche and find most all of them to be annoying... those false signals are enough to make me nuts and my wife simply won't ride on long trips with the squealing in the ear every five minutes just because we passed a WalMart.

Radar detectors cry wolf soooo much that when the real deal lights up the detector and it goes off, I wonder "is this me about to get a ticket, or is it just another reminder that I should stop and get a cup of coffee and a donut?"

Who can testify to their radar detectors ability to filter out the crap and provide only the radar being shot at them by a police officer? That's the unit I want to buy... who cares about arrows pointing me to a Dunkin Donuts!!!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote