View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #12
jmatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xusmnimij
OK among all of us poser painters is there anyone who can describe the proper way to manage the end on the brake line and fluid flow from it when the caliper is totally removed?
If I understand your question, you will not disrupt fluid flow when you remove a caliper. All you need to do is push the pistons into the caliper, and if done one at a time, will not pose a problem. If, however, you choose to do all four a once, you will need to open the brake fluid resevoir and drain some fluid out. When you press the pistons into the calipers, you push all the extra fluid back up the system and you will have an overflow at the tank (not a good thing). Be extra careful not to bend or kink a brake line. Also, only push the pistons back far enough to remove the pads; you don't want to damage the internal seals.

BTW, my S already has reds, but I know the "other" 911 guys always jump on the poser bandwagon. My friend has a beautiful 914 (white) and painted his tiny little calipers red...really nice improvement and he takes the prodding quite well.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote