View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 AM   #6
bmussatti

Gamejt, I am going to make the assumption that your employer is requesting you to be out of the country for 2 months. If this is true, you need to skillfully negotiate with them the added cost for your absence away from home during that time period, including the proper care & storage for your new car.

For a 2 month storage period, everything you need to know, is in your owner’s manual, up near the front 1/3. Do big deal.

I also vote for the rental garage for the 2 months. Should be about $125-$175 per month. Make sure you can plug in a battery maintainer. There is no way I would park it outside for 2 months nor would I let a friend or family member be responsible for the car. It is just too much responsibility and/or temptation.

If you store it in a safe location, like a garage, you can drop part of your insurance for the 2 months, except comprehensive coverage. This should help "pay" for the storage costs.

If you can't/won't put the new car in a garage, go back to your Porsche dealership and ask the salesman if you can park the car in the back of thier secure lot for the 2 months.

Good luck!