View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #18
jonomo

Convinced

Okay.. i'm convinced not to get a Boxster... Owning a porsche has always been a dream of mine... but starting now with a boxster doesn't seem like a good idea.. i was kinda riding the fence and this sort of convinced me.. I think the best time to get one is when I have a bit more money at my disposal so that I can either a) buy a newer one with a warrantee or b) buy one and get ready to shell out money for a huge overhaul of the motor or tranny....

Now i work in the video game industry, so I know how boards and forums usualy work... they are usually filled with whiners and complainers, and its usualy not a good place to judge a product or service.. but people here seem fairly level headed, and I don't see too much whining... what concerns me is that people speak of $10K+ engine and tranny swaps as if they were common as oil changes... like it was part of regular maintnance... sorry folks but I can't afford that... and even if i could... i'd be a bit reluctant..

so I guess i'm sticking to my GTI.. or i'm gonna look into other alternatives.. S2000, SLK, Z3, Z4, etc.... thanks everyone for your input!!! and I'll see ya on the road!
jonomo is offline   Reply With Quote