View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
saaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Thanks for all the pics and stuff.

I ordered a sample kit from Blackstone and will send my oil in. I'm very interested in seeing the results.

How long was the turn around for results after you sent the oil in?
They ran the sample and sent an email report the same day they got it. But sending that little cylinder through the mail is very slow for some reason. Through the el cheapo standard mail, it took 1.5 weeks for the kit to get here and 2 weeks when I mailed it back (Thanksgiving delay included).

Next time I am going to put it in a little box (it seems the post office likes rectangles better than cylinders?) and spend a few more dollars and send it priority mail which should only take a couple days I think.

Blackstone also has an interesting little pump on their site where you can take a sample through the dipstick hole and the oil never actually goes into the pump. So you can just change hoses and reuse the pump. This would be good for interim oil tests on a longer oil run or checking without having to change the oil (Note that auto parts stores have $5-$6 pumps that do the same thing but the oil goes into the pump making it pretty much one-use only unless you can find a way to clean it well).

Last edited by saaber; 12-07-2007 at 10:52 AM.
saaber is offline   Reply With Quote