View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
dcporsche99

Hi,
I, too, use Mintex brake pads. The only thing with these pads that I found during my install was that I had to make the little holes myself for the brake pad sensors. But other than that, they have been very good as Porschedude noted earlier ---less brake dust as opposed to the OEM pads.

1 - Is it best to replace pads all around at the same time?

I changed all four (4) pads shortly after I purchased my car. But that's me.

2 - Where can I find the hardware kits online (clip, bolt)?
3 - Where is a good place to buy OEM pads? looking at pap-auto.com, but would like to find a place that has the hardware as well.

Some do suggest buying new OEM brakes and hardware, but I just reused the hardware since I found them to be in very good shape and they were already available....but then again it's not my daily driver. Maybe on a future change over I'll include new OEM hardware that I would purchase directly from the dealer -- OR --I'm sure one of the other guys might have a reliable OEM distributor that they can refer.

4 - Rotors look good, so I am not replacing. But is their anything I should do to the rotors while I am in there? I read one thread about using a 40 grit sandpaper to rough them up.

As long as the rotors look good, IMHO, there's no need to rough 'em up. The only thing I would suggest is that you coat the hats & brims with high temp paint in order to avoid any future rust issues.

Hope this helps you out! Keep us posted!.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote