View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Perhaps Grizzly and Bmus can chime in, I think they both have 19's...
Grizzly, Bmus...any input guys?

Also, those that do have 19's, what tires are you putting on your wheels? A friend of mine swears by General Exclaim UHP's and my neighbor has Kumho Ecsta's on his 19's...anyone recommend them? Seen them on tirerack.com and the price is very competitive.

I'm just slightly concerned about the whole "don't drive below 45 degrees on these tires" that I keep reading. I know when I lived in Germany, where we had some pretty bad winters, I had "summer" tires on my BMW and never used winter tires. When it snowed, I just drove steady and never had any problems at all. When it was icy, I didn't drive!

It doesn't tend to get "nasty" around here in Little Rock, (overnight lows are getting down about high 30's - low 40's right now) and my financial advisor (she who must be obeyed) has told me that two sets of wheels and tires "ain't gonna happen!" so a set of winter wheels/tires probably ain't in the future. I need to get new tires pretty soon, so does anyone use "summer" tires all year round? Is it just plain crazy to do so? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Gord.

2001 Boxster S
Arctic Silver/Blue interior & roof
19' Porsche wheels
Litronics
Short shifter
Carbon fiber interior accents and gear knob
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote