View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #8
timothy

Fixed two of the problems this weekend I like working on the Boxster. My "workshop" is a parking garage space and half the fun is all the looks and comments from people who are not used to seeing someone take apart a Porsche.

The convertible top contacted the compartment lid in one place and squeaked as it rubbed back and forth. It was a simple fix to detach the top from the tension bow and reposition. Took about an hour plus a few dollars worth of double sided automotive tape.

The window behavior traced to a bad door lock assembly. This one took two hours to replace the lock and put everything back together, followed by thirty minutes to take it apart again and connect the outer door handle to the lock. Oops, forgot that part. Total cost $225 + tax for the lock and $6 for an 8mm triple square bit. A little pricey but at least it works now.

Next up is the coolant leak but I may have to put that off until January. Hard to find time with both the holidays and consumer electronics show (CES) just around the corner.