View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 AM   #9
saaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Here is what I got:

Ed

Thanks a lot for positng that Ed! Yours looks similar to mine in terms of iron plus the ones I found on bob is the oil guy (BITOG) are in the 20-29 range for iron. Several folks on BITOG have said this iron level is normal (btw lots of folks are critical of Blackstone's comments but generally o.k. with their tests). So it looks to me that using mobil 1 produces about this iron level in Porsches (a generalization I know). I would love to have John V's 11ppm for iron though!

I am planning to run the redline for 7500 miles and take an oil sample at 4000 miles. They say lead and copper will go up with the first 2 oil changes and it will be interesting to see what the iron levels do.

I would love to see Royal Purple results also as others have said here but I need to let the redline "settle in" to get an accurate evaluation of it. Ran redline in a saab 900 turbo for 318k miles and that car ran like brand new with no repairs other than wear items (clutch, water pump, mufflers). Ran mobil 1 (an older formulation I am sure) in a saab 9000 non turbo and it started running hotter and hotter after 200k miles. Not scientific I know but that has been my experience.
saaber is offline   Reply With Quote