View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #16
vincesf

Actually there are items on this edition that I do not believe can be ordered on a regular production Boxster S.

1. Exhaust System - This differs from the current Sport Exhaust System as it actually increases the car by 8 horsepower, whereas the current optional Sport Exhaust does not increase horsepower. Quite frankly are you really going to notice 8 horsepower?
Yes, the sound is great but so is the sound on the Standard and Optional Sport Exhaust Systems.

2. Perforated Steering Wheel and Gauge Cluster are also unique to this Edition. Not sure I like them, but my guess is that we may be getting a preview of the 2009 facelifted Boxster cluster.

3. Badges and Door Sill graphics, yes unique, but really who cares. Not too thrilling that you are xxxx of 1960 made.

4. Red Interior is very polarizing (some love it, some hate it), but if you don't like it, an alternative choice of dark grey natural leather in conjunction with a black roof will also be available for the Edition.

All the other items are not really unique to the Edition, such as an aluminum colored center console and gear shift, the red tail-lights (if not, you can certainly order them through Porsche parts), and the front air dam, is the front half of the Sport Design Package.

In my opinion the perfect car they could have come up with is the new DFI engine in the current body-style. Now that would have been a great transition car, and as close as a new Boxster could come to perfection in my opinion.
vincesf

Last edited by vincesf; 11-27-2007 at 02:25 PM.
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote