View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Kirk

Fender Rolling to Fit Larger Wheels

Just got some 18's for my car - 18X10 in the rear with 275 tires. The car (2000 S) is lowered on Gemballa springs... I've got a rub problem with this setup. Wheels have an offset of 42, so they should fit good. It only rubs on hard bumps/dips and very hard cornering. Maybe not a big deal, but I want to get it fixed.

So... I'm going to roll the rear fenders to see if I can make a little more room. Any suggestions, recommendations, experiences or tid bits of helpful knowledge? I've looked into some of the fender rolling tools like what TireRack sells, but they'll only work with a stud spacing up to 120 mm, so they won't work on Porsches.

I'm well aware of the baseball bat method. I helped a buddy do this to his Honda and my Honda daily driver was also rolled this way. I ONLY want to do this to my Porsche as an extreme last resort.

I'll probably call my local Porsche repair shop and some of the local body shops and see what they can do. But I don't want to pay them $100 per fender just to roll it with a baseball bat! I hope someone local has a decent tool to do this right.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote