View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
Rob-00BoxsterS

Boxster S ownership after the 1st year

It's been a year that I have owned my Boxster and here are some of my thoughts on the car.

Car:
2000 Boxster S. Purchased with 38,000 miles. Currently has 40,000 miles.

Repairs/Maintenance:
Passenger window regulator went out. Part was ~200.00 from the dealership and I installed the part myself (start to finish in about an hour),
Oil Change. ~50.00 in synthetic oil and 10.00 for a filter at the dealer. Work done by me in about an hour.
Rear plastic window cracked. My fault, I lowered the window last winter on one of the few cold days in Florida. New window sewn in at a local shop for $240.00 (after tax.)
No misc. leaks or other problems.

Modifications:
I'm not real big on mods. IPOD adapter and re-did a few trim piece in leather is about all I have done. The only thing I plan on doing in the future is repainting a few trim pieces and the seat backs. Edit: also picked up a spare set of wheels with Avon Comp Rs for Auto-Xs.

Driving Impression:
I love this car! With the top up, it's as smooth and comfortable as my BMW (although not as quiet) yet it handles like no other car I have ever driven. A very completive friend with a 944 turbo will no longer go to Auto-Xs with me because he doesn't stand a chance of beating me (I already had him by .5 seconds in my 911SC.) Although it doesn't have quite the "soul" of the 911SC, it does everything better to the point that I hardly ever drive it anymore (I doubt I have put over 100 miles on the 911SC since getting the Boxster.) IMO this car has no compromises.

I have spent ~ $600.00 in maint/repairs (window regulator, oil change, and rear window - although that was my fault) which I don't think is too bad for a 7 year old car. This car has exceeded all my expectations and I have no regrets with my purchase.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote