View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
Poorshoesless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboyer
Looks to me be a result of vibration against the rear wheel well. Also, notice the coolant is green??? The "magic" Porsche coolant is pink. My question is, does the pink eventually turn green? If no, then maybe the issue was due to the corresive nature of standard off the shelf coolant? Is this why only the "magic" Porsche coolant is recommeneded?

Eventually these tanks will wear out, I wonder if a careless previous owner filled it with standard coolant at some point which helped it fail sooner than later. Who knows, I know now that only the recommened coolant has been installed, so, crossing my fingers.

Good luck on your S purchase, do you have a Boxster right now?
No Boxster yet, I was just looking for a weekend toy and my first interest was the 01 or 02 BMW M Roadster (my brother have one), but they are way over price so I started to look at the Boxster and I like it more....just taking my time, making sure I get a good one....I am in no rush....w/two kids under five, I might be lucky to drive it once or twice a month....but I want a toy before 40....
Poorshoesless is offline   Reply With Quote