View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
David N.

While I won't defend Porsche for designing an engine that's had as many problems as the early Boxster engines, I would agree that more research on your part wouldn't have hurt. I tell myself that Porsche built the Boxster to be driven, and by doing so you would hit the magic mileage under warranty that would at least guarantee you some measure of financial protection.

At least take solace in the fact that you've purchased the finest mid-engine pureform roadster that Germany can design (for less than insane money anyway). BTW, checked out Autofarm, seemed ok but you might look to locals for good references. Make sure they give you a decent warranty on whatever rebuild (upgrade?) engine you decide on. Good luck!

-David

Oh, in regards to the thread title, yeah I think that Porsche center was a ripoff. 920GBP for a service? That's insane. And yeah you shouldn't have to demand that they service the car regardless of the diagnosis. Nobody on this forum should be going to a porsche center unless it's for warranty stuff IMHO, find a good mechanic!
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg

Last edited by David N.; 11-23-2007 at 04:06 PM.
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote