Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:36 AM   #6
JCL12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007
They have five Boxsters listed under 16k. Would these ones still be okay or is something probably wrong with them? I want to get opinions from the guys and gals who know these cars the best. What would you say your avg mpg is also? Also please don't slam me but I am getting a automatic. In SoCal traffic you need it.
Most older boxsters are hitting rock bottom prices. 97-98 12-14K seems pretty standard. Also price out with edmunds TMV pricing and compare to KBB, I always feel KBB highballs. Also confirm prices with everyone here, there seems to be a decent pulse on what is fair and what isnt. You may also want to check out cars.com and see what going rates are.

Older boxsters are very inexpensive and will most probably require some TLC, but unless you have a total lemon or some catastrpohic failure its totally worth it . Many people here have older boxsters and everything is fine.

I drive a 2001 tip and I can get 27-27.5 on the highway and I am confident I could crack 28 if I drove at 65. I can get about 25 driving a mix of mainly rural roads and some "city". Gas mileage is ighly variable based on how you drive, but if you are gently you'll exceed mfg's MPG ratings.

Nothing wring with getting at tip I can certainly understand the need for one in any high traffic area. Steering wheel shifters rock!
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote