View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
MCSMCS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Bingo! Good luck.

If you going to ditch it at a dealer just use it as a trade in towards another Boxster S.

Well I certainly wouldn't sell it to a private party with a potential ticking time bomb nor just a coolant issue which can't be addressed by other than an engine swap. As far as another Boxster goes( I assume you are kidding), I would have to take a pass on that since this is the first time I have ever had to worry about the integrity of the engine block, from Porsche no less ( this is my third). I have had this car for 5 1/2 years with very few problems until now and mistakenly believed the whole casting issue was resolved in 1998; apparently not.

The most shocking thing is how unsympathetic the dealer is as though any car owner should expect an occasional flawed engine block. The reality is that this defect was there from the moment the block was cast. The solution failing an offer from PCNA to help in this seems to be to either roll the dice or just trade it in. Maybe the next owner will get it with a CPO warranty, but my guess is a porous block isn't even covered.
MCSMCS1 is offline   Reply With Quote