View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
hey bud, sorry i didnt see the thread at all.
i changed my springs last weekend, should take you about 4 hrs or so.
if you go to renntech.org and look under suspension section of 986 forum, its there, but very confusing, but good info.

here is what i posted in my other thread when i installed them.
as for the install, i followed it on the renntech forum, but it turned out to be, not miss leading, but doing a lot of useless work, or can i say the hard was to do it,so it took some time away from me, then i put it all back to the way it was and did it this way. this is not the only way to do it, but worked for me, and nothing got hurt/broken this way, so do it like this, if you get hurt its not my fault

front:
take the wheel off, and then there are about 6 bolts that need to be unbolted and you can get to the front springs, still intact, you can just take the whole shock tower and push down on it, and slide it outside of the fender, put the spring compressors on them, and swap them out. and that is all, you can do it yourself, but i suggest just get someone to hold the assembly in place so it doesn't scratch your paint while you are taking off/putting back the springs. same bolts need to be unbolted as the rear ones, look at the pic on bottom that i drew up.
the front ones should take about 30 minutes a side or so.

back ones, they say is harder to do, but i think its just as easy to do.
you first have to disconnect the rear camber eccentric bolt, and then after that it all just comes out, then you can get the shock out out of its sitting position, and it will be only held by 3 bolts on top of it. then unbolt those, and the shock will be free, take it to your bench and swap the springs.

here is the picture of what the rear should look like, as you can see only a few bolts and shock comes out. very simple.
(picture took from renntech, and drew arrows showing what to do)

and yeah, all the work was done by me, no other help, other than just holding the shock in place while i swap them, anyone can help you just hold these for a few mins, other than that its not bad at all.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote