View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Gary in BR

springs and toe link install questions

Hello everyone,

I am think I may tackle changing my own springs and toe links on my 99.

The coil overs I have are way too firm, I found out I am running almost 500lb springs in the rear ( I guess that explains the wheel hop if the road is not perfect). I can not find what oem spring rates are but from my research I found the H and R lowering springs and the spring rates on their coilovers are in the 300 range.

I am going to change my springs to the 300lb range. Normally my mechanic would do this for me and hit me for about $300. He is in the middle of two restorations and can not take on any more work for a few months, my back up mechanic will hit me for over $1000 to change the springs.

Because of this I am looking into changing them myself, does any one know of any directions for changing the springs on a 99 Boxster?

While I am under there I plan on installing adjustable toe links, does anyone have directions for the toe link install?

My car has 152000 miles is there anything else I should check while I am under there?

Thanks for everyones help past, present and future.

Gary

PS
While I have your attention, the coilovers have an option of adding a helper spring, What does the helper spring do? If I add this spring will it solve my wheel hop issues? Or should I just change the spring to a light weight. The 300 lb spring I change to is made by the same company who made the coilovers.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote